Just wanted to fill you all in on where we are. We handed our paperwork in to the High Commission this morning and the only word that comes to mind is DISCOURAGING. We were basically told that we had no hope of getting out of here before Easter. We were also informed that our visa medical has not yet arrived from Nairobi. Our agency has been requesting that that they be expidited but Diane (the officer who gives the permanent resident visa) is the only one who can make that happen and she has been VERY uncooperative. Please pray for us we are very low today. The exhaustion of the last month is starting to wear on all of us. We need a miracle for Diane to look kindly upon us and get us our visa by Thurs. The offices are closed on Friday and Monday for the Easter holiday. So if it doesn't happen on Thursday we will have to change both our flight to London and our flight from London to home.
We will be contacting Stockwell Day (our MP) today to request his help in expiditing (sp?) Zoe Jane's Permanent Resident Visa by Thursday. Feel free to contact him or your MP if you would like to help us get out of South Africa! The more phone call, emails, etc. the better chance we have of him helping us. If you know him personally please contact him on our behalf!
Tomorrow we are taking a mental health day and going on Safari. We are told the park we are going to has all 5 of the big 5. Liam is over the moon!! Hopefully this puts us in better spirits. Troy is heading back to the High Commission on Wednesday morning to check progress.
KEEP PRAYING!! This is the McKnight Report...
Hey T&T,
ReplyDeleteIf I could be there with you I'd whip out my little bottle of oil and smother your heads with oil. So I'm hear in my kitchen asking the Lord to annoint you with His strength. May you know His touch, His love, His shalom peace, His grace and His unspeakable JOY! I pray that in every turn you feel that sweet, soft, gentle breeze that is the Holy Spirit refreshing you. Lift up your heads and your hands to Him who gives you all that you ask.
Have a marvellous Safari and take loads of photos. I'll be looking forward to seeing them.
Stay safe and enjoy your adventure. We are all praying for you.
All my love,
Pink
Just to say we have kept and will continue praying. We also sent a note to Stockwell Day but we hope more in The Lord God I have to say!!
ReplyDeleteLove to you all
John and Anne
Hi guys - I loved reading about your days together as a family. So sorry that things are discouraging paperwork wise. Please know that your church family loves you tons and prays often for you. We are doing well even as we wish you were here. Tell Liam I hope he sees some elephants :) and that his buddy Seth asks for him often. Drew just asked who Zoe was again and I told him Liam's sister and - soon he'll remember easily without us reminding him. I don't know if the MP cares what Jeff and I have to say as we can't vote or anything. . . :) We'll keep praying for your soon and safe return. AND joy and peace as a family in the meantime:) With love, Amy
ReplyDelete