Thursday, March 26, 2009

39 and still counting...

Did I mention that it was hot here...holy crap I am baking today!! All of us are sweaty messes!! T tried to get a little sleep when Zoe went down for a nap and Liam watched a little disney classic action on the mac. Both mum and daughter slept for an hour in their own sweat and woke up grumpy and not feeling any better for the adventure. I took the opportunity to dig out my Cycle Canada magazine and actually read it cover to cover...what do you know, a moment of solace in the turbulent journey that is international adoption in Swaziland! It made me miss my bike and my good friends and riding buddies Cam and Jeff! I caught myself dreaming of the twisty roads of the Okanagan and I promised myself that we would all go for a long ride upon my return - so if either of you is reading this, consider yourself warned and invited :)

I wanted to update you on my meeting with Vierah this morning. We had a very friendly meeting where under the coaching of my social worker I spent most of my time praising her for the excellent work which she is doing - which she is doing for us...tons of it really - I thanked her for working so hard to get us out of country by Wednesday so that we could make it to Pretoria and potentially make our Monday flights on the 6th and then I gave her the gifts we had brought her from Summerland Sweets. We finished our time together by my pulling out my "Pastor" card and I took the opportunity to encourage her and to pray for her - asking God to bless her and to help her as she carried the burden of this massive process! She assured me that the Deputry Prime Minister would be signing our paperwork today and that our dossier would be to our Lawyer by Saturday at the latest with a Monday court date for the adoption.

I have been here long enough to recognize that this probably means a Tuesday court date and that we probably won't make Pretoria before Thursday but I am hopeful that Mr. Maphalala will expedite our legal work and will be able to complete the adoption on Monday!

So to all of you who prayed - thanks so much and please continue to pray for Vierah and Mr. Maphalala by name - asking God to move their hearts, increase the work of their hands and that it would all come together on Monday as they have promised. Thanks again for all your support! We love you all and we miss you much. We will write again tomorrow! And that my friends is a very sweaty McKnight Report...

4 comments:

  1. nice one. im sure you charmed the socks off her! hang in there guys- i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one hoping that at some point a picture will be involved in this blog? Anyone have one so far they can share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so appreciate you taking the time to update us all with so much detail - with everything that you're going through. I can't even imagine how you're finding the time and energy to write.
    Know that you're loved and we can't wait to have you home!! May the Lord continue to give you strength...
    Gioia and fam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Suv and all - as for pictures there won't be any until we actually get to a place where they have internet we can use with our own laptop. Right now I am using the computer in the very small office here at the Willows as customers and staff come in and out...they aren't crazy about me uploading my pics :) So, we will get pics to you as soon as we get to our lodging in Pretoria which I am told will have broadband rather then the dial up service we are currently using...woohoo for broadband! Thanks to all for you support! We seriously could not do this without you!

    ReplyDelete