Wednesday, March 25, 2009

39 & Counting...

Well, it's a new day and guess what...it's sunny and hot again...I know that probably seems like I am rubbing that in but I could do with a little cool weather right now to be honest :)!

Yesterday was a good day together as a family! We celebrated my b-day by going to a local glass factory where they blow original works of glass - animals, vases, cups, glasses, candle holders...you name it! It was incredible! We enjoyed a light lunch there and there was a jungle gym so Liam was in heaven! We were joined by the other adopting families so it was great to have the kids all together again.

Then we came home and I feasted on a cup of parboiled rice and veggies - yummy!! What a b-day treat! The best gifts of all were the phone calls from home. Mum and Dad Fuller called and T and I had a good cry with them as we caught up and vented a bit about where we are at emotionally and how much we are longing for home! Then, the Wednesday morning prayer group from church all gathered around a speaker phone and called me for my b-day. It was so great to hear from Jeff, and Jim, and Laverne...not sure if John and Rube were in the background or not - but it was so good to hear familiar voices and to be reminded that we are not in this alone! I know you will all be shocked but I cried as we caught up and as they gathered around the phone and prayed for us! They will never know how much that meant to T and I! It was just huge!!!

We finished the day with stories and an early bed time for the kids - we are trying to get them to bed by 7 pm because the sun is up at 5 am and so are they...everyday...who said this was going to be a holiday...anyways...everyone settled and then T and I watched one of the worst movies ever made - some British murder mystery, the only thing that was on - we lasted an hour and then gave up on it and went to bed! That was my b-day!

Today is another day where I am 39 and counting in Swaziland. I am going to visit with Vierah this morning to talk about our plans so continued prayers would be much appreciated. But mostly we are in need of prayers that the court case will proceed quickly, the paperwork will be in order, and then that we can get the passports and birth certificates in order in time to travel. Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Also please pray for T and she is now getting sick too! Her throat is killing her, her nose is filling up and she feeling overall under the weather. This makes life a little more challenging as Zoe is still a Niagara Falls of mucus, Liam is snuffy and a little off and now T isn't well either. So, all in all - it looks like we are all in for it! So, prayers for health and strength would be much appreciated as well. We love you all and miss you much...and that's the McKnight report!

1 comment:

  1. Hey McKnight Family! We are anxiously looking for your blog every day so we can in some small way live through this with you. Our prayers are with you daily. Your dad called last evening with an update and I told him we've been following your blog. He is certainly rounding up the prayer warriors! I told him he is welcome to stop over sometime and I'll help him leave a comment for you, because he and your mom both want so much to make contact with you. The prayers of First Wesleyan are very much with you! We will specifically be praying for T's health, along with Liam and Zoe, and for the paperwork to get in order quickly. Troy, so glad you enjoyed a bit of a birthday celebration! 39 is a pretty important birthday -- I told everyone mine would be the first of many 39th birthdays! I know you'll certainly never forget yours!

    All our love to all of you!
    Leanne (and Chris, Connor & Janelle)

    ReplyDelete